Europe Tour 2017
This is a fantastic and unique opportunity for students of (or simply interested in) the Arts.
This tour will offer unique workshops and backstage passes, question and answer sessions with industry professionals, as well as the opportunities to attend many different musicals, theatre, galleries, museums, concerts and more. Students who study Art, Drama, Dance, Theatre and/or Music will be engaged by this tour, however, it is open to everyone who would be interested; many fabulous sightseeing and cultural opportunities are included, such as the Eiffel Tower, Tower of London, Paris Disneyland and the Harry Potter Studio Tour, to name just a few of the many exciting experiences that students will enjoy. Again, this tour is not limited to students of the Arts, it simply has an arts focus but with many other fabulous opportunities and experiences thrown in!
What you need to know:
- It’s a twenty-day tour in both London and Paris.
- It leaves and returns in January 2017 – you will not miss any school.
- You will also not miss Christmas and you will most likely not miss New Year’s Eve - but we cannot promise.
- It will be winter in Europe when we go
- The tour will be organised and run through a reputable travel company
- This tour is open to any student currently studying at McClelland in years 7-12. It is not open to students enrolled in year 7 in 2016 or students who have exited.
- The cut off number, at this stage, is 30 students. Your position in the tour is not confirmed until you have paid the $100 deposit (see below).
- Students planning to go on the trip must have paid their school fees.
- The approximate cost is $6500; however, we are confident we can assist with the cost of the activities by fundraising. The cost will partly depend on our numbers – hence a goal of thirty.
- The accompanying staff are Ms. Sproule, Mr. Long and Ms. Lindemann.
What you need to do:
- See Miss Sproule immediately – her office is in the PAC, between the P.E. change-rooms. She needs to know that you’re interested in going (plus you may well have questions you need to ask her).
- Ask Miss Sproule to put your name put onto the Compass Event list – this means you’ll be able to access a permission/payment form or pay online.
- Using this method, pay the $100 deposit required to reserve your spot on the tour.
- Attend the information night which will be announced soon. You will need to bring at least one parent/guardian to this. The expectation is, however, that you have paid the $100 deposit before attending.
If you are keen to go, to receive more information or to clarify anything written here then I would love to hear from you as soon as possible please. Both parents and students are encouraged to contact me at the college. Parents can reach me via phone or email and students can come to my office.
Back to Experiences Abroad Back to Top