The 10+ Club
The 10+ Club is a club for students at the academic top-end of the cohort (in terms of their Literacy ability which is needed across all subjects) who would benefit from receiving extra encouragement to excel, as they are showing themselves to be at a level comparable to Year 10/11 student. 10+ Club students might be considering VCE and perhaps university, and will be supported to develop the skills and study habits necessary for success in these fields through their participation in the club.
The benefits of being in the club are that students gain:
- A supportive learning community
- Consideration for multiple VCE subjects in Year 10
- Continued support to achieve academic success.
- Constant motivation from teachers and students to achieve
- Camaraderie of like-minded peers
- Exclusive offers to attend certain excursions and access guest speakers
- Assistance from expert teachers in their fields and their tips for hitting the 10+ level
- Tips on how to excel at exams
- Tutorials on study and exam techniques, managing stress, deep thinking, bucket lists, goal setting and much more
- Feedback regarding progress
- The chance to observe VCE classes
THE 10+ CLUB FIFTY CHALLENGE
10+ Club students participate annually in an entrepreneurial team challenge with Experian – McClelland College’s community business partner.
Students form teams and create an innovative and original business concept addressing a key challenge facing our society today. Students are provided with $50 and a mentor from Experian to develop their idea.
The challenge culminates in a ‘shark tank’ like presentation at Experian’s headquarters in Melbourne.
The challenge provides students with a fantastic opportunity for to establish real industry links and to develop an understanding of the dynamics of working in a large multinational company.
Many of these students have gone on to complete their Structured Work Placement at Experian as a result of the relationships build with mentors during the Fifty Challenge.
Student feedback about the Fifty Challenge:
“We were able to turn our ideas into a real product!”
“It was a fun and unique experience.”
“This was a great experience for the future.”
Back to Middle School Back to Top