Thinking Socially is an extension of other stuides in Humanities and can be used as a pathway to VCE subjects such as History, Geography and Philosophy.
Students participating in this course explore the following “big ideas”:
- Colonisation of Australia – settlement or invasion?
- Political and social rights – How did we get to where we are now?
- Wars – How have they affected our world?
- History – Whose story is it really?
- Change and development – How has it affected my life?
- What's happening to our environment and how are humans influencing this?
- Poverty – Who's to blame?
- Welfare – A right or a responsibility?
- Local issues [desalination plant, boat people, tourism] – How do they affect the way we live?
- What's globalisation got to do with me?
- Growth, sustainability and ethics – What's the connection?